Website Goodwin Biotechnology
Scope of Function: Oversee the GMP supply chain and materials management tasks of the company. Supervise material management associates and coordinates purchasing, receiving & shipping and, inventory control of materials. Responsible for safe and proper storage of GMP materials, process intermediates, products and manufacturing supplies.
Reports to: Sr. VP Operations
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize manufacturing.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of site ERP system.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
Education and Skills Required:
Education: BA / BS or equivalent
Experience: 10-15 years of experience leading Supply Chain in a GMP environment
Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks. Strong negotiating skills.
Finance, Materials Management, Upstream Manufacturing, Downstream Manufacturing, Process Development, Facilities, Project Management, Quality Control and Quality Assurance