Website Goodwin Biotechnology
Scope of Function: The Engineering Technician is responsible for providing engineering support for the clean room utility and process systems, Plant steam boiler, HVAC, Purified Water System, Process chillers, Air Compressors, Sterilizers, Refrigerators and Incubators, including preventative maintenance and equipment calibration. He/she shall fully comply with all regulatory / cGMP guidelines, standards, and policies.
Reports to: Associate Director of Facilities and Engineering
- Independently service compressors, heat exchangers, coils, accumulators, outdoor units, humidifiers, condensate pumps, and electronic air cleaners
- Troubleshoot and repair major HVACR parts such as refrigeration leaks, motors, contactors, transformers, thermostats
- Able to troubleshoot Refrigerant and electrical problems in a Heat pump, Gas furnaces, Steam/ Water Boilers.
- Performs equipment and utilities troubleshooting and the repair of various equipment and systems
- Supports and writes investigations and assist in development and implementation of CAPAs
- Assists in the execution of the scheduled calibrations, preventative maintenance and documentation of Work Orders
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Change Controls pertaining to setup, maintenance, and operation of equipment, facility, and utilities
- Support the purchase and implementation of new equipment and spare parts
- Identify the equipment, systems and processes that do not operate efficiently; develop and implement corrective actions to improve efficiency
- Ensure that required parts are available for the projects, preventative maintenance and repairs
- Coordinates activities of outside contractors to ensure projects, maintenance and PM(s) are completed on time and correctly
- Maintains 100% on-time completion of PMs and certifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in a technical field
- Two years of operations experience in an industrial plant is preferred
- Military experience is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Must be willing to take 24 hour on-call responsibilities and open to working 1-2 hours on the weekends on rotating weekends
- All departments at Goodwin Biotechnology, outside contractors and government agencies