Website Goodwin Biotechnology
Scope of Function:
Help to develop new business for Goodwin Biotechnology, a biologics contract manufacturing organization (CMO) specializing in the process development and cGMP manufacturing of bio-pharmaceuticals and biologics.
Reports to: VP, Business Operations
- Generate leads and qualify at least 50% of those leads by recognizing good client candidates that match Goodwin’s capabilities.
- Communicate effectively with incoming inquiries/push initiatives to generate leads.
- Diligently follow up with prospective clients to maintain a relationship and move forward to proposal status.
- Update Salesforce.com with relevant new leads and opportunities and nurture them as they evolve to closing.
- Every qualified lead should receive a proposal.
- Able to identify project scope and reflect client’s needs in writing with minimal guidance.
- Able to estimate cost and timeline with minimal guidance.
- Maintain update proposal templates.
- Contract preparation for major projects (GMP manufacturing), contract preparation for minor projects (i.e. POC/PD work, fill/finish, cell banking, stability, etc.).
- Follow up with prospects diligently to secure these contracts.
- Shadow departments to learn more details of processes and characterization.
- Assist supervisor and Goodwin management with pertinent BD projects.
- Become an expert with Goodwin’s core competencies (Cell Culture, purification, BioConjugation, Fill & Finish).
- Research, select, prepare for and attend conferences as determined by management.
- Follow up on Global data and other push initiatives.
- Stay on top of current biotech trends and how we can differentiate from the competition.
- Complete BD housekeeping items regularly.
Marketing and Digital Networking
- Provide updates to website.
- Appropriately manage Goodwin’s social network messaging (Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube channel).
- Maintain a current understanding of digital marketing and make recommendations on proper execution of such communications to optimize Goodwin’s visibility.
- Maintain and archive of Goodwin’s marketing collateral.
- Manage external marketing vendor activities.
Bachelors in the Biological Sciences or a related field, a Masters in the Biological Sciences or a related field is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in biotech, biopharma, or related area.
- Previous business development or sales experience, particularly at a contract service provider.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills as well as good computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, CRM software).
Clients, Business Development Personnel, Goodwin Operations, Facilities, QA/QC, Process Development, and Materials Management personnel