Dr. Payne is distinguished as a business operator and leader in areas of sales, commercial manufacturing and product development. He has extensive executive experience in M&A as well as successfully running, start up, growth and turn around businesses. This includes both Fortune 500 and Private Equity environments. He combines strong business leadership, successful P&L track record, and technical background to strategically lead and grow enterprise value across Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical market segments. He has successfully led the geographic expansion of businesses into Europe, Asia, and South America in addition to the United States. He is President Global CMC Solutions Business Unit for BioDuro, LLC (an Advent International company). He also currently serves as a board member for Goodwin Biotechnologies (a Signet Healthcare company).
- CEO Socorro Pharmaceuticals, a generic pharmaceutical company>
- President Americas, Qualicaps Inc. (a Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings subsidiary)
- Principal Consultant and Partner at CoreFactor LLC, providing executive strategic, licensing and operational advisory services to clients.
- Vice President/General Manager Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc. (a Blackstone Group company formed in2007, formerly part of Cardinal Health)
- Progressive leadership responsibility at:Novartis, Monsanto and G.D. Searle.
Prior Board Positions
- Board Advisor Vitruvias Therapeutics
- Board Member Qualicaps, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings)
- Board member Technophar, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings)
- Board Advisor, Corporate Strategy Office, Life Science Institute Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings)
- Non-executive Chair and Board Member PDS Biotechnology (PDSB: NASDAQ)